[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (16/10/04)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:53:07 -0400

KONG #5 - Are you a SKIIP Wannabe?

October 16th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Skull Island Nears Completion
Gandalf writes: Over the last couple of days another marquee has been
erected across the road from the site as preparation for filming continues.
With what appears to be final coats of paint in places, some parts of the
set look finished, or close to it, while other sections clearly have more
work to be done yet.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097939064

King Kong crew members injured at Jackson studio
Two crew members working on King Kong at Peter Jackson's Miramar studios
were injured and taken to Wellington Hospital yesterday. Film spokeswoman
Melissa Booth said one man was being kept overnight for observation and was
expected to be discharged from hospital today. Another man was discharged
yesterday after being treated for minor injuries.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097869146

Production Diary: Day 27
Now THIS is something I've been waiting for! No, not Naomi in a dress
(well...kinda), previsualization shots! Previsualization or 'previs' for
short is an animation or drawing detailing the shot movements a given scene
the director wants accomplished. In this day and age all this is done on the
computer, and PJ gives us an AMAZING glimpse at the 'approach to Skull
Island' scene on the computer. Be sure to catch PJ in his motion capture
suit (reminding me of the Star Wars Kid). Also take note of Adrien Brody and
Naomi Watts tongue-firmly-in-cheek re-creation of PJ's animation...classic!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097680036

Skull Island Takes Shape
Gandalf writes: Yesterday, painting of the rock wall started and this
morning with detail being added it's looking impressive. I'm guessing that
the section we're looking at will form part of the wall separating the
village from the jungle on Skull Island, as it's got that "man-made" look
about it.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097632639

Ubisoft Announces King Kong Game
Electronic Arts may have locked up Lord of the Rings director Peter
Jackson's last film project, but Ubisoft has the next one. The French
publisher today announced that it's acquired the rights to produce games
based on King Kong, Jackson's upcoming remake of the giant-gorilla classic.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097601800

Production Diary: Day 25
Ever wonder what those clapper boards were used for? Besides displaying the
shot number, there is a whole lot of other information displayed on those
little white boards. Jack Black & Colin Hanks show us the differences
between the classic boards and the modern day equivalent. Watch those
fingers! Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097506027

New Board: King Kong Fan Art!
While we wait for our scrapbook to be finished, check out the amazing fan
artwork being posted in our latest message board: King Kong Fan Art.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097503219

More Skull Island Goodness!
Gandalf writes: Looks like the first day of fine weather today. After some
on-again off-again rain over the last few days. This will no doubt will keep
the folks on site happy as the set construction continues.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097457074

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

October 18th: Howard Shore's Birthday

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     TheOneRing.net / KongIsKing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718