[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (06/11/2004)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:19:15 -0500

KONG #8 - You chauvinist pig ape!

October 30th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Empire Magazine Talks Kong
Thanks to Movielad from our Kong Boards, we have a scan from the latest
issue of Empire Magazine. It features a small article on King Kong.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099758699

Production Diary: Day 42
Peter Jackson reminisces about the 1933 Kong and takes us on a tour of his
collection of original Kong models (!!!) and animatronics used in the film.
We also get a great sneak-peak at the swamp scene in his remake, where the
crew will be fighting something. Jack Black also tries to lip read with
earplugs..not an easy task!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099591706

SS Venture & Swamp Set Images
Kong Spy Daniel sent along these images from the SS Venture and the new
Swamp Set! Very cool details on the retro-fitted Venture boat, and that
swamp set looks huge!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099541461

Possible New Kong Sets?
Silmarien writes: A friend of mine took these photos for me yesterday. The
"New Wall" (?) has just been put up around the coast from where the boat is
moored. I don't know if this is a new set, but it looks very like The Wall.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099536881

Production Diary: Day 40
Day 40 takes us to the deep dark swamps on Skull Island. PJ and his crew
show us what it takes to turn a parking lot into a swamp, including pond
scum and fake mud! Followers of The Lord of the Rings will have a sense of
Deja Vu when they see the half-built tree sets and a boat floating past.
Some great shots of concept art as well! I love it!!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099405372

New Kong Set Being Built?
Gandalf writes: With filming moving from Lyall Bay, I've roamed a little
further for these photos. The first few are various views around Stone
Street. In the eastern suburbs little signs with black/orange arrows on them
point the way to the sets. From the front entrance to the main studio you
get a glimpse of the big blue screen where the replica Venture was, past the
big concrete sound stage.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099238425

Final Days At Skull Island
Gandalf writes: "And... CUT!" Filming has now concluded on the Skull Island
set in Lyall Bay. Since Friday, the catering marquee, small fleet of
caravans cars and trucks have all left and the set now sits empty.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099237053

Watts Wins Qantas Global Achievement Award
Congrats to Naomi Watts, who won the Qantas Global Achievement Award last
night at the Australian Film Institute's award show.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099236469

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer