[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (13/11/2004)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:06:53 -0500

KONG #9 - 'blondes are scarce around here'

November 16th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

More Kong Set Images
Gandalf writes: A big update today, including several photos from the new
"Village Wall set" taken during the last week. Seeing this set for the first
time was impressive - it's much bigger than the Skull Island set where the
first outdoor filming took place. The wall here is full size and contains
the "gates" that Kong eventually breaks through during his pursuit of Ann
after her rescue.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1100363256

Production Diary: Day 48
Woah! Be careful what you goof about, you just might get it! Earlier today I
posted a funny little video claiming to be test footage of Kong Vs. T-Rex,
and this afternoon PJ and his crew sends along REAL test footage from Skull
Island! Take a look at the process the entire team has to go through to
complete less than 10 seconds of footage. Peter is not relying only on CGI
to create depth and atmosphere, he is very cleverly using a mix of live
action, models and CGI. Some amazing stuff! One question...who was the guy
in the CGI suit!?!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1100284229

Production Diary: Day 46
Jack Black, aka Carl Denham, is steaming mad at KongisKing.net...and more
specifically, me. (Lets just hope he never finds out my secret identity) As
it turns out, Jack is not 5' 4" tall. He is more like 5' 7.5" (after Yoga).
Check out the rampaging Jack Black in this latest production diary! (And
remember, don't shoot the designer).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1100092643

More Images from the New York Set
Kong Spy Silmarien sends along more images from the Kong Set. I think these
were taken before the more recent images sent in by Gandalf, there seems to
be less progress in these images. Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099940458

New King Kong Toy Details
>From Figures.com: As previously reported, Playmates Toys had been awarded
the master toy license for Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong scheduled for
theatrical release next December. While we weren't even allowed to look at
the upcoming toys at the recent NY Fall Toy Fair (a security guard was
actually posted at the door to the King Kong showroom!), we do have some new
details on what fans can expect come next September.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099937471

KONG FILES 2: Every Picture Tells A Story
John Michlig writes: There was scant space between the release in 1933 of
KING KONG and its sequel, the "seriocomic" SON OF KONG, but time enough for
almost unimaginable tragedy - and I'm not talking about RKO selling off the
Pathe soundstages containing much of the Skull Island jungle set (which
necessitated the "Denham and company are immediately chased right off the
beach" scene in SON OF KONG).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099794312

New York, New York....New Zealand
Gandalf writes: Nice day to be out and about in Wellington, so I took a
drive to Seaview... After my last visit, I thought the fans might like a
more detailed look at some of the construction that's been going on there to
help you decide if it really is a New York set being built for Kong
(certainly looks that way to me!). These photos taken today (Sun 7 Nov).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1099794101

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer