[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (29/10/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Oct 29 13:11:14 EDT 2005

KongisKing.net Production Diaries Move to DVD:
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129304132

Thomas Blackshear's 'The 8th Wonder of the World' Now on Sale!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1122134766

KONG #50 - 2005: "He says, 'Look at the golden woman.'"

October 29th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Post Production Diary - 7 Weeks To Go
With 7 weeks to go we are shown 'The Mix' Part 1 featuring Chris Boyes,
Ethan Van der Ryn, Michael Hedges & Michael Semanick. These 4 men are in
charge of mixing Kong's sound together, the special effects, dialog and
music all have to weave in and out to form a cohesive mix of sound that is
both pleasing to the audience, and effective enough to work alongside with
the visuals in the film. We get to see some great footage in all stages
here, from finished work to blue-screen shots...and some great T-rex footage
too! Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130604226

Access Hollywood Trailer Preview Framegrabs
Thanks to James Mansfield, Atomicmutant and A. Nonny Moose for these
framegrabs from the Access Hollywood preview of next Thrusday's trailer
premiere! Among the new images are Kong pounding his chest and charging the
V.rex (with Kong, of course, going directly for the latter's jaws) and the
first shots to show Kong's last stand atop the Empire State Building, as he
batters away at one of his attackers (the early dawn light on the city and
clouds is quite beautiful). !!!BIG SPOILERS!!!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130603509

New Kong Trailer This THURSDAY
The folks at Access Hollywood send this in: We wanted to let you know that
on Thursday, November 3rd, Access Hollywood will be the first ones to show
the new, full King Kong preview. Thought you might want to let the fans know
about it. We've seen parts and it looks amazing! In addition, after it airs
on the show on Thursday, fans will be able to visit accesshollywood.com and
view the trailer in its entirety. Have a great weekend!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130546547

Official US Kong Teaser Poster Hits And...
It basically looks like the one we posted online last week, with slight
variations on shading and color. The blue King Kong logo is also removed and
the official poster is not as tight on the big guys face. All in all I was
seriously hoping for the ESB image or a variation on the Kong/T-Rex UK quad.
What do you guys think?
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130546296

DVD producer saddled with 'Kong'-size task
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - There has been no rest for the weary on
the Wellywood set of "King Kong." Award-winning DVD producer Michael
Pellerin and his team have been running as fast as they can to keep up with
Oscar-winning "Lord of the Rings" producer-writer-director Peter Jackson.
Somehow, while Jackson was in the throes of creating his three-hour, $207
million epic remake of his favorite childhood classic, the tireless
filmmaker also was supplying commentary not only for the eventual "King
Kong" DVD but also for a video set diary posted twice-weekly on the
Internet, as well as a documentary for the long-awaited DVD of the 1933
"King Kong."
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130517709

Kong Poster Finally Revealed?
>From AICN (via someone attending SHOWEAST): Thought I would drop you a tasty
bit regarding the new Kong trailer. I had the honor of being one of the 1st
to see the long awaited full trailer for King Kong at this past weeks
ShowEast event held at the AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theatre in Orlando, Fl.
Universal unveiled the 3 minute trailer, literally fresh from the cutting
room floor in New Zealand and screened it before Wednesday morning’s
presentation of The Producers.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130517336

Ubisoft Announces Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Has Gone Gold
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 27, 2005--Today Ubisoft announced that
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, based on
Universal Pictures' December 14 release, King Kong, from three-time Academy
Award® winner Peter Jackson (The Lord of the Rings trilogy), has officially
gone "Gold" on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video
game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM) system
and Windows® PC. The title will launch in North America November 22 at the
manufacturer's suggested retail price of $49.99 and is rated "T" for Teen.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130456854

A Big Gorilla Weighs In
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 26 - In hiring Peter Jackson, the Oscar-winning director
of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, to remake the monster classic "King
Kong," Universal Pictures took a daring leap, paying him $20 million to
direct, produce and be the co-writer of the film. With seven weeks to go
before the movie's release, the risks are becoming clearer. After seeing a
version of the film in late September at Mr. Jackson's studio in New
Zealand, Universal executives agreed to release "King Kong" at a length of
three hours. The film is substantially longer than Universal had anticipated
and presents dual obstacles: the extra length has helped increase the budget
by a third, to $207 million, while requiring the studio, owned by General
Electric, to reach for the kind of long-term audience interest that made
hits out of three-hour movies like "Titanic" and the films in Mr. Jackson's
"Rings" trilogy.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130417420

Kong Files: The Greatest Teaser Poster of All Time
John Michlig writes: This past month has given us our first peek at what
could be considered a “teaser poster” for Peter Jackson’s King Kong, an
evocative image that has predictably spurred discussion and debate on the
boards. It’s a fairly unconventional composition that creates a sense of
tension; Ann Darrow trapped between cold, reptilian savagery and the more
ambiguous, for-now-quiet ferocity of Kong. A rock and a hard place, to be
sure.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130359355

Kong Score Pre-Order
Even though James Howard has yet to finish the Kong score, it is available
on Pre-Order at Amazon (thanks Gnomeo!). How's that pressure for you James!
Follow this links to pre-order the CD!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130350401

Spike TV Sets Awards Show Noms
>From gamespot.com: Spike TV's Video Game Awards show is returning this year,
and it's bringing some actors, rappers, and rockers with it. The 2005
edition of the awards show will take place Friday, November 18 in Los
Angeles. The show praises the best in the business, as voted on by industry
vets, and is accompanied by celebrities and musicians. As for the games,
Ubisoft's not-yet-released Peter Jackson's King Kong thumped its chest by
leading all nominees with seven nods, including Best Action Game, Best
Graphics, Best Designer (Michel Ancel), Best Cast, Best Performance by a
Human - Female (Naomi Watts), Best Performance by a Human - Male (Jack
Black), Best Game Based on a Movie.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130290525

Weta's tales from Skull Island
>From IGN: Skull Island
 a legend to those who dared brave the waters off the
coast of Sumatra. Existing for centuries outside man's known world, some
said the island was lost in time; inhabited by creatures of a bygone era.
Scientists said the island was doomed, a victim of its own natural,
geological forces. Fortunately, one year before its demise, an expeditionary
team known as Project Legacy was created. Led by Peter Jackson and Richard
Taylor, and funded by prominent universities and private organizations, they
set out to explore the island and document their findings. The expedition's
heretofore unseen journals, photographs, illustrations and detailed notes
will soon be released to the public with the publication of World of Kong: A
Natural History of Skull Island.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1130089847

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

October 31st: Peter Jackson's Birthday
November 1st: 'King Kong : The History of a Movie Icon from Fay Wray to
Peter Jackson' book out
November 3rd: Kong Chat
November 3rd: Kong Trailer on 'Access Hollywood'

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG FILES - Kong Files are a bi-monthly feature written by John Michlig.
Michlig's online article KING KONG: LOST AND FOUND can be seen at
http://www.skullisland.net/KongBoomer.html. He's currently working with
filmmaker James Mansfield on a documentary entitled EIGHTH WONDER: THE
AMAZING TRUE STORY OF CARL DENHAM AND THE BEAST-GOD OF SKULL ISLAND, the
startling details of which he promises to share in the very near future.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kongfiles/

KONG GAMING - A section devoted to everyone Kong Game related! From Chess
sets to console and PC games, this is the place you want to be!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/gaming/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

CONTACT - Do you have a scoop about the upcoming Kong film? Maybe you found
some cool news related to King Kong online? Whatever it is, if you think its
worthy of the KongisKing.net homepage, then send it in! The process is
really easy...simply email us at spymaster at kongisking.net.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/contact/

KIKN INFO: Whether it is to submit a spy report or to yell at us, we'd love
to hear from you! This is a community for Kong fans worldwide and you are a
valuable asset to making it work. Please email us your news, comments,
complaints, events, etc.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kikn/

FAQ: Everything you ever wanted to know about KongisKing.net, Peter
Jackson's film, and more!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/faq/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer