[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (15/10/05)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Oct 15 14:39:50 EDT 2005

KongisKing.net Production Diaries Move to DVD:
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129304132

Thomas Blackshear's 'The 8th Wonder of the World' Now on Sale!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1122134766

KONG #48 - 2005: "He says, 'Look at the golden woman.'"

October 15th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Post Production Diary - 9 Weeks To Go
Alex Funke takes us on a tour of the miniatures stages, still in full swing
with only 9 weeks to go before the movie is released. Alex gives us some
fascinating insights into making miniature shots look 'real', while they are
real in the technical sense, they are after all only miniatures, and some
work needs to be done to give them that sense of scale. Some great SFX shots
here of The Wall, and Skull Island in general, look at that fire
scene...wonder what is going on there!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129308062

CONFIRMED: JAMES NEWTON HOWARD TO SCORE 'KING KONG'
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Pictures confirmed
today that James Newton Howard will compose the original score for the
dramatic adventure "King Kong," which is directed by triple Academy Award(R)
winner Peter Jackson. Mr. Howard replaces Howard Shore, who is leaving the
project.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129328705

KongisKing.net Production Diaries Move to DVD
I'm sure many of you have been wondering what will become of the Production
Diaries now that Universal will be releasing them as a two-disc DVD set on
the day before KING KONG opens worldwide.

Sadly, we have been asked to remove the first 54 diaries from our site. We
were hoping to keep them available for you and all fans to download for
free, for all eternity, but such is not the case. I am still immensely proud
to have been the host of this ground-breaking insight into the making of
what we all hope will be a classic film.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/17/1129303806

KONG FILES: Merian C. Cooper Part 2
John Michlig writes: It’s been some weeks since I wrote about Merian Cooper
and the new biography, “Living Dangerously,” and this much seems to be true:
no installment of the Kong Files has elicited less response than that
particular one. It bears mentioning because when you relate the amazing
facts of Merian C. Cooper’s life to the uninitiated, a common response is:
“Why haven’t I heard of this guy before?” Why, indeed? To add insult to
injury, his name is misspelled on the rights page of the Underwood Books
edition of the King Kong novelization.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129169940

Are You Ready for Kong Mobile?!
King Kong Official Mobile Game Images The swanky folks at Gameloft have sent
us some exclusive never before seen images from their Kong Kong Mobile Game!
Take a look! Portable Kong Action!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129072013

Lottery goes Hollywood
The state lottery is teaming up with Hollywood for an unprecedented
cross-promotion - wedding the multimillion dollar "King Kong" remake to two
new lottery games. One of the "King Kong Millions" games will feature
scratchoff tickets offering a top prize of $8 million - the most money ever
in a New York scratchoff game. But the unquestioned big prize is a minimum
$50 million jackpot in a separate drawing to be awarded Dec. 5 from the top
of the Empire State Building, where King Kong famously perched before his
death. "King Kong is so closely identified with New York that it makes
perfect sense for us to do this in conjunction with the movie," Lottery
Division spokeswoman Jennifer Mauer told the Daily News yesterday.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1129072179

Kong Mobile Game Producer Interview
We recently spoke with Gameloft's Philippe Laurens, Producer of the King
Kong mobile game. Take a look! Could you briefly describe the King Kong game
and tell us about its main features? King Kong is an action game with dual
gameplay: you have the opportunity to play both as King Kong and a human
character. There are two distinct modes of play: King Kong’s parts are
action oriented; and as a human, you are Jack, the main character in the
movie.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128994812

Ubisoft's King Kong Screenshots
Ubisoft's King Kong Screenshots Gandalf writes: Here's a collection of
screenshots, starting with the main menu and giving a glimpse through both
parts of the demo.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128993181

Kong Stamps
Kelly writes: I'm delighted to announce that New Zealand Post's King Kong
site has just gone live! Check out this great new range of collectables
featuring images from the movie. Don’t forget to check out the Collector's
Pack with its innovative new feature that's bound to impress! These products
haven't even hit the shops yet so order now and be one of the first to own
these great new products!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128991231

King Kong Bars
King Kong Bars Ash writes: With the release of Kong just around the corner,
3 Musketeers, Crunch, and Baby Ruth have released their KONG-sized bars.
These bars are being marketed in boxes with a brand new pic of Kong on the
cover.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128911551

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

October 20th: Kong chat

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG FILES - Kong Files are a bi-monthly feature written by John Michlig.
Michlig's online article KING KONG: LOST AND FOUND can be seen at
http://www.skullisland.net/KongBoomer.html. He's currently working with
filmmaker James Mansfield on a documentary entitled EIGHTH WONDER: THE
AMAZING TRUE STORY OF CARL DENHAM AND THE BEAST-GOD OF SKULL ISLAND, the
startling details of which he promises to share in the very near future.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kongfiles/

KONG GAMING - A section devoted to everyone Kong Game related! From Chess
sets to console and PC games, this is the place you want to be!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/gaming/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

CONTACT - Do you have a scoop about the upcoming Kong film? Maybe you found
some cool news related to King Kong online? Whatever it is, if you think its
worthy of the KongisKing.net homepage, then send it in! The process is
really easy...simply email us at spymaster at kongisking.net.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/contact/

KIKN INFO: Whether it is to submit a spy report or to yell at us, we'd love
to hear from you! This is a community for Kong fans worldwide and you are a
valuable asset to making it work. Please email us your news, comments,
complaints, events, etc.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kikn/

FAQ: Everything you ever wanted to know about KongisKing.net, Peter
Jackson's film, and more!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/faq/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer