[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (08/10/05)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Oct 8 11:15:54 EDT 2005

Kong fans interested in giving money for Hurricane relief can follow these
links to donate. Thanks!!
www.redcross.org or give.redcross.org

Thomas Blackshear's 'The 8th Wonder of the World' Now on Sale!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1122134766

KONG #47 - 2005: "He says, 'Look at the golden woman.'"

October 8th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Post Production Diary - 10 Weeks To Go
Here is part 2 of 'Bringing Kong to Life', the animation department shows us
how they use their creative imagination to animate creatures such as the
T-Rex and Kong. Some of these silly characters (the animators) act out
performances to get the feel right, while others have mirrors next to their
monitors to look at themselves (and people say I'm vain). This all leads me
to the conclusion that the animation department is probably a very surreal
place...sounds like fun!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128704366

Kong Demo Available for YOU!!
Yes folks, that's right, the King Kong PC game demo will be making its way
online today! Click on over to Area51 & Fileplanet to download it! More
mirrors will be made available soon! Know of a good mirror? Let us know!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128697326

FIRST TASTE OF PETER JACKSON'S KING KONG GAME SCORE REVEALED
PROMINENT WEBSITE SHOWCASES WORLD PREMIER OF CHANCE THOMAS' STUNNING
ORIGINAL SCORE FOR UBISOFT ACTION/ADVENTURE TITLE
For Immediate Release 10/07/05 - Just in time for the weekend, popular
website www.KONGisKing.net has unveiled its worldwide premier of original
music from Ubisoft's upcoming game, Peter Jackson's King Kong. Fans eager to
experience the score can freely download up to sixteen minutes of themes and
action music, including four full-length tracks from this link.
http://www.kongisking.net/gaming/music.html

New Gaming Area Launched!
The KiKn staff has been working late - and we are happy to announce a new
addition to the KongisKing.net website: The KongisKing.net Gaming Area! We
are featuring the Peter Jackson's KING KONG game in the area and have some
great exclusive content for all you Kong fans out there!
http://www.kongisking.net/gaming/

Kong: The Island of the Skull Book News
IGN: The December release of the video diaries on DVD exemplifies
Universal's commitment to involve companies, and fansites, in the early
marketing of the movie. Variety, in their October issue, reports this was an
executive decision, straight from the top. By doing so, Chief Stacy Snider
and Co-President of Marketing Eddie Egan intended to show companies the kind
of movie they're making. It was easy to open the studio doors because
Jackson has lot of things to say, and stories to tell. One of these stories
is integral to Jackson's version of King Kong.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128614974

Kong Teaser Poster? -UPDATED-
Many MANY people are champing at the bit to see the official King Kong
poster, and it seems SOMETHING has popped up online. While we are not sure
the image above is the true teaser poster, mainly because we've seen this
image in at least one magazine in the past, that is why I didn't post this
image earlier today. This is however the first time we've seen it nice and
big! Take a look, teaser poster or not it is still nice! UPDATE: After a
little digging I found the image in question, it is from the cover of EMPIRE
Magazine from late August 2005. Now does this mean it is NOT the poster?
That is anyone's guess...more info soon!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128540382

More Venture Dismantling
More Venture Dismantling Gandalf writes: A couple more shots of the Venture
being dismantled in this brief update, taken last Thursday and today
(Tuesday). The extra structure forward of the original wheelhouse has now
been removed and I noted today while workers were still busy that the name
"Venture" has been blacked out on her stern.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1128446414

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

October 13th: Kong Chat
October 14th: John Sumner's Birthday

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer