[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (26/03/05)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Mar 26 10:52:54 EST 2005

KONG #23 - 2005: "There is a girl out there who might be running for her
life from some gigantic turned-on ape."

March 26th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Helldivers' Pages Added
If you caught the most recent Production Diary (Day 118) you'd know that two
of the King Kong Helldiver pilots have been identified. One is a famous
World War II artist, James Dietz, who has a big fan in Peter Jackson.
Jackson owns some of Dietz's work and I am sure was invited down to the set
to take part. The other is none other than Rick Porras co-producer of all
three 'Lord of the Rings' films. Rick was apparently on vacation in New
Zealand when he was given the chance to take part in the film. Lucky lucky
folks! Be sure to check out their bios and the rest of the cast right here!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111798993

Empire Magazine Talks Kong
Kong Spy Alistair sends along this scan from the latest issue of Empire
Magazine. It features a great shot of Andy Serkis as Lumpy! There is also a
small article on Richard Taylor creating the 'look' of Kong.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111785455

Kong Polystone Statue Images!
Take a gander at these polystone statue sample images from Dark Horse
Comics! Really sweet stuff! !!!SPOILERS!!!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111689501

Production Diary: Day 118
Helldivers take to the air! Well...sort of..Production Diary 118 is all
about the famous planes used near the final scene in King Kong. Peter
Jackson and Randy Cook are seen overlooking the plane shoot, PJ is a big
World War II plane buff and you can see the sheer geeky joy in his face
watching the guns go off. Gene DeMarco gives us a behind-the-scenes tour
behind the making of the authentic plane, and we get to see the some great
footage! Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111684390

Total Film Talks Kong
Kong Spy Alistair writes: I just scanned this article from this month's
edition of the UK magazine Total Film. I haven't see this image before. Keep
up the great work with the site, and hello PJ!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111632313

Production Diary: Day 115
Peter Jackson answers fan requests and gives us a detailed look at the sound
department. Oscar award winner Hammond Peek and others show us the day to
day challenges of making sure the sound is recorded, and recorded well! As a
nice little bonus we get to see Jack Black flubbing his lines, a little more
from Colin Hanks and Adrien Brody!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111544935

John Dybvig tells of his on set experiences
There is an excellent article up on Kaihoro.de about John Dybvig's
experiences on the set of Kong. John is an actor/writer among other things,
and has put forward a very nice account of his time in Wellington.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111419820

It's a Wrap - Jackson throws giant banana party
New York was brought to life for one final time with a king-sized carnival
to celebrate the end of King Kong filming. Oscar-winning director Peter
Jackson hosted more than 1000 people at the film's elaborate 1930s New York
set at Seaview, Lower Hutt, on Saturday. Every person who had a hand in the
movie – from Hollywood stars to construction staff – was invited to the
carnival-themed family event and no expense was spared.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1111347563

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer