[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (05/03/05)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:39:30 -0500

KONG #20 - 2005: "Lights! Camera! Kong!"

March 5th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

King Kong screening for movie execs
Film industry players from around the world got their first glimpse of
footage from the latest re-make of "King Kong" when they were flown to
director Peter Jackson's native New Zealand. Jackson's "Lord of the Rings"
film trilogy was a huge source of pride for many in the Pacific island
nation, whose raw beauty was the backdrop for much of the "Rings" series and
now for the remake of one of the world's most famous monster movies, the
1933 classic "King Kong."
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109952227

Production Diary: Day 103
Day 103 brings us back to Alex Funke and his 'miniature' team. The term
'miniature' being a joke simply because his team is quite big..and so are
the props! These BIGatures have been shooting for 200 days now, they began
before the live action shoots and will continue well after them. The details
that go into these shots are amazing! And who says CGI is the only way to go
for special effects these days? Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109897224

New York Set Closed for Business
Gandalf writes: After watching the latest PD and seeing PJ working in the
studio again, I expect the New York set is ready for dismantling with
filming there apparently finished. When I visited today all the cast/crew
caravans were gone and the marquees are coming down - compare the first
photo in this update with this one from late January. Much of the "snow" has
now been cleaned up and a few rubbish skips are visible in what probably
marks the beginning of the end for this incredible movie set.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109732346

Production Diary: Day 100
Day 100 on the set, certainly something to celebrate. We know eager fans
have been waiting for Production Diary Day 100, and here it is! We have been
asking folks to send along what they'd like to see in these diaries, some
mention more of Naomi Watts, some want to see some pre-vis Kong, still
others want to see Andy Serkis or at least hear his voice...well you are ALL
in luck today! Day 100 takes us into a day in the life of Peter
Jackson...directing, editing, co-ordinating, napping...and more!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109691590

Playmates' Head of Boy's Toys Talks KONG!
>From figures.com: At Toy Fair 2005, Playmates' head of boy's toys - Michael
Rinzler - spoke with Figures.com about their new and highly anticipated
upcoming film series of toys: Kong: 8th Wonder of the World!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109689381

Kong: King of Skull Island Book Tour News
Joe DeVito, author of KONG: King of Skull Island writes: It has been an
extremely hectic couple of months following the release of my book KONG:
King of Skull Island. Many, many thanks for all of the incredible e-mails I
have received regarding it. I have not yet been able to follow up on my last
post detailing my visualization of Kong because I never anticipated just how
much needed to be done after the book was released. I hope to post in that
regard once I am able to catch up. In the meantime, I wanted to send
information on some upcoming signings and the like for all those who may be
interested.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109641925

Kong Spotted At Oscars Ceremony
In the annual presentation of actors who have passed on the previous year,
Fay Wray was mentioned and the clip shown was from King Kong. Nice to see
Wray and Kong on the big screen at the award show!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1109562884

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

March 8th: Louis Sutherland's Birthday

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer