[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (16/7/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Jul 16 10:29:22 EDT 2005

KONG #36 - 2005: "He says, 'Look at the golden woman.'"

July 16th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Post Production Diary - 22 Weeks To Go
Elementary my dear Watson (or Jackson)! Marc Ashton, 2nd Unit Assistant
Director, takes us on a tour of the WETA Digital soundstage being used to
film elements for King Kong...what is an element? Watch the PPD and find
out! Who needs 100% CGI when you can smash wood, rocks, dirt, plants and
other items with cricket bats, golf clubs and more! Take a look! And listen
closely at the very end of this PPD for some exciting news about...pick up
shooting!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1121440485

Comic-Kong: Friday Report
Mr. Grooism writes: I forgot to mention during last night's Comic Kong
report that Weta Design Supervisor Ben Wootten "ranted on endlessly" while
being interviewed. Hee hee, actually, he insisted I say that, he really was
an enthusiastic and friendly contact, a helluva guy!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1121521892

Comic-Kong: Thursday Report
Mr. Grooism writes: The San Diego Comic KONG International is a sensory
overload and a ton of fun! The Weta booth was overwhelming, there is a giant
Kong teaser poster hanging, they're playing the King Kong and Narnia
trailers, plus a new PD that seems to be a Comic Kong exclusive!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1121520382

WETA Goodies from Comic-Con!
Aintitcoolnews.com has some great pictures from WETA's booth at Comic-Con,
one of the largest Sci-Fi/Fantasy Conventions in the world. Take a look at
some Kong, Dino's and even a small Lumpy sculpture! !!!SPOILERS!!!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1121345707

Entertainment Weekly Talks King Kong
Entertainment Weekly Talks King Kong The latest edition of Entertainment
Weekly features this article on King Kong. Check out some great images of
Jack Black and Naomi Watts.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1120926682

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

July 21st: Kong Chat
July 21st: Howard Shore Concert: Pittsburgh, PA
July 22nd: Howard Shore Concert

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer