[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (2/7/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Jul 2 12:12:23 EDT 2005

KONG #34 - 2005: "You chauvinist pig ape!"

July 2nd, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO NEWSLETTERS FOR THE REST OF JUNE, THEY WILL
COMMENCE AGAIN ON JULY 2ND

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Post Production Diary - 24 Weeks To Go
24 Weeks to go and the team are in overdrive getting the trailer out for the
fans! PJ and his crews give us a little behind the scenes footage about the
making of the trailer, the SFX needed, the miniatures, sound and more! A lot
of folks write in with questions about the trailer, who cuts it together,
what about the music? What about the shots? What to show (and what not to
show?). Keep an eye out for our frame-by-frame analysis to make a brief
cameo in this PPD as well!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1120319872

PJ Interview on TVNZ
Thanks to {TheWonders} & Gandalf for the video and transcript! PJ: King Kong
is important to me, I think for the most fundamental reason, which is if I
hadn’t seen it I don’t think I’d have become a film maker. I think it’s that
important. The moment when I decided that film making was what I wanted to
do with my life was when I was nine years old and I saw King Kong on TV. It
had such a profound impression on my, you know, my nine year old self.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1120013944

Frame by Frame Trailer Goodness!
Calisuri has done magic in creating this frame-by-frame breakdown of the
entire new King Kong trailer. Remember this is a work in progress Take a
look!
http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/trailers/kong_trailer01_01.html

KONG TRAILER ONLINE NOW!
Jump on over to Volkswagen.com to see the KING KONG trailer now! [ Click
Here] Then jump on over to the OFFICIAL WEBSITE at KingKongMovie.com. Be
sure to take a look at more great content on Volkswagen.com.
http://www.kingkongmovie.com/

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

July 7th: Kong Chat
July 8th: Howard Shore Concert (Houston, TX)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer