[Kik_announce] KongisKing Newsletter (22/1/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:11:03 -0500

KONG #15 - 2005: "Why, the whole world will pay to see this."

January 22nd, 2005 !

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

AICN's Quint Reports on his visit to the Kong Set
AICN's Quint weighs in with his first report (of three) from his visit to
New Zealand and the King Kong set, this is a must read and I am sure Quint
has much more in store for us over the next couple of reports.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1106322277

What Kong Means To You, Episode One
King Kong means so much to so many, and some of the stories of how Kong has
affected some peoples lives are fantastic. One of these stories was recently
shared with me, and I asked permission to share it with all of you. If you
wish to share your story, drop me an email (corvar@theonering.net) and I
will try to get it posted. Now on to how Kong affected the life of
Christopher R. Mohr Sr.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1106281103

New Year Message from PJ
As an precursor to the resumption of the Production Diaries, Peter Jackson
has sent through a message to keep us in the loop over what's been going on
over the Christmas break, and what's planned when filming resumes next week!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1106133328

LA Times Reveals More Kong!
Kong Spy HawaiiBlizzard sends along these scans from the LA Times magazine
section, take a look at this art from Kong!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1105904495

New York Work Continues
Gandalf writes: I visited the set again today and found that while the cast
and PJ may be on holiday the construction folks and art department still
appear busy. As you'll see from this group of photos, more of the facades
have been painted, some now sporting names and logos while extra detail is
visible on some verandah's. The large free standing poles or beams are
intriguing and as for the rest of the shots, I'll let the fans discover
their secrets.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1105293866

King Kong Production Stills
Kong Spy David sends along these production stills from Peter Jackson's King
Kong. We've seen variations of the Images featuring Naomi Watts and Adrien
Brody, but I think this is the first official production still of Jack Black
as Carl Denham!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1105204506

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer