[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (1/1/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 12:40:58 -0500

KONG #14 - 2005: The Year of KONG

January 1st, 2005 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Village Wall Set Update
Gandalf writes: After visiting the New York set I returned to the Village
Wall set to find the wall... gone! A largely empty lot is all that remains,
with a lonely blue screen propped up by a few shipping containers. What is
left however, is the part of the set with old village ruins in front (or
behind?) where the wall stood.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1104294858

New York Set Update
Gandalf writes: Wellington's New York was relatively quiet today (Wed 29),
but nevertheless, progress is clearly visible since my last visit. The part
of the set which appears to match Mickey's Burlesque house from an earlier
PD has a blue undercoat, while further along that same block a facade
appears to be finished.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1104294227

Kong Fans - Help with the Tsunami Relief Efforts
With the recent 9.0 earthquake in the Indian Ocean, it is estimated that
40,000 people have been killed by the resulting Tsunami that hit countries
in the surrounding area. This immense tragedy deserves the attention of the
entire world community, so we ask you take a moment to consider supporting
the relief efforts for the area. Please follow this link for a listing of
diaster relief agencies that are currently mobilizing efforts to help.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1104250009

Kong: King of Skull Island Release Date
Joe Devito writes: I'd like to thank everyone who has e-mailed me asking
about the release dates for KONG: King of Skull Island. I have just heard
back from DH Press with a definitive schedule. KONG will be available
Wednesday, Dec. 22, at your local comic book store. Visit
the-master-list.com or call 1-800-Comic-Book to find the shop nearest you.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1103677932

New York Train Added!!
Kong Spies Deeargee and Gunnafan write: Today we went down to the New York
Set to have a look and found that there is now a tram on the train tracks
that were built on the set a week or 2 ago. We took some photos of it and
the set to show how development is going on it. The tram has the number 133
on it.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1103649670

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

January 2nd: Evan Parke's Birthday

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer