[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (30/04/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Apr 30 11:07:10 EDT 2005

KONG #28 - 2005: "Some big hard-boiled egg gets a look at a pretty face and
bang - he cracks up and goes sappy."

April 30th, 2005 (Happy birthday Mom!)

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Post Production Diary - 33 Weeks To Go!
Peter Jackson begins his first Post Production Diary with a rundown on what
we expect to see in the next 33 weeks. Principal photography may be finished
yet there is still a TON of work to be completed. The Digital Department,
Motion Capture, Sound Editing, VFX and more! This is the REAL nitty gritty
stuff fans have been begging for since we started asking people what they
would like to see in these diaries. Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1114787479

The Cooper Kong
Author Joe DeVito writes: I wanted to send over some exclusive shots of this
Kong statue that I sculpted for the Cooper Estate. It was inspired by the
pre-production art for the 1933 film, though the piece varies in some
details. One of my favorite parts is the dome of the Empire State Building.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1114738942

If A Tree Falls in a Forest...
Hamish writes: I got this in Scouting Wellington's Area newsletter from the
Wellington Area Secretary. He works from our Brookfield Outdoor Education
Centre at the end of Moores Valley Road in Wainuiomata, and had this to say
in his weekly news.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1114737993

More Amazing King Kong Wallpapers Added!
We've had a TON of very talented artists send along some great work over the
past week. Take a look at some of the new wallpapers added!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1114267448

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

May 5th: Joe DeVito Booksigning (New York, NY)
May 5th: Kong Chat

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer