[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (16/04/2005)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Apr 16 11:36:48 EDT 2005

KONG #26 - 2005: "There is a girl out there who might be running for her
life from some gigantic turned-on ape."

April 16th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Plane Spotting in Wellington
mtrmsd writes: On Saturday the 14th I was just wandering around Wellington
to see what I could find and ran into the studio. As I was taking pictures
of the blue screen, some crew started to roll out a biplane (as seen in PD
118 -Xo). It looked pretty cool and I believe they were taking it out of the
lot. Sadly I missed it exiting.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1113663056

Production Diary: Day 131
Peter Jackson is tired...let's face it, he is no Superman, I mean he is
nearing the very end of production on King Kong and he is running on fumes.
His crew are an amazing bunch of Apt Pupils, but they can only do so much.
Peter is beginning to feel Buried Alive and needs some help, his Majestic
film is about to collapse if he doesn't get some people in there to aid him.
So he decides to call in The Usual Suspects. Take a look who aids PJ on his
quest!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1113557029

One Last Look at New York
Gandalf writes: Here's a last look at the New York set, or rather the last
remaining pieces of the largely demolished set. In just over a week since my
last visit, only two portions are left to remove - the section with Crowe's
Hardware Store and the block with the Princess Theater. As I'm sure all the
fans are, I look forward to seeing the New York set again on the big screen.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1113498359

Kong Crew Jacket
Kong Spy Annonymous writes: Just wanted to pop you guys an e-mail, love the
site great work. I worked on the filming of King Kong and thought that I'd
share some snaps of the Crew jacket that was given to all crew (who worked a
minimum of 6 weeks on the film).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1113441365

Production Diary: Day 129
Andy Serkis is pissed...he's mad as hell and is NOT going to take it
anymore...he's out for blood. out for revenge..out for..the DVD crew! Since
production began in September the DVD crew (the same dudes and dudettes that
make these Production Diaries) have been shooting everything - and I do mean
EVERYTHING to do with the production, and Andy has had it. In a clandestine
Production Diary, he takes his camera and shoots the DVD crew...gets into
their faces, and stirs up trouble for everyone! I've never heard more
*beeps* or seen more fuzz on a PD in my life! Take a look!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1113322417

Pierre Vinet Kong Images!
Kong Spy Nessa managed to finagle these images from the latest Production
Diary featuring Kong photographer Pierre Vinet. Take a look at these
beauties!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112985212

Production Diary: Day 127
PD 127 showcases fellow Montrealer Pierre Vinet! Pierre is the official
photographer on King Kong. Pierre's photos from the production of King Kong
have been nothing but fantastic, much like his previous work on almost all
of PJ's films. Pierre has the unique ability to capture a moment and a mood
with the press of a button. See how Pierre works quietly on set, snapping
off shots of the production, and see him goof around with Naomi Watts! There
are a TON of great never-before-seen images in this PD, great stuff!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112978041

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

April 20th: Andy Serkis' Birthday
April 21st: Kong Chat

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer