[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (09/04/05)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Apr 9 11:54:16 EDT 2005

KONG #25 - 2005: "There is a girl out there who might be running for her
life from some gigantic turned-on ape."

April 9th, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Oh Yeah...APRIL FOOLS!
Last week we posted a story about the SS Venture sinking off the coast of
Wellington due to rust. This story is obviously an April Fool's prank on our
part. We designed a little section on KIKN to look like Stuff.co.nz and even
found a photo (after a little photoshopping) of a sinking ship.

Now, reports about another April Fool's prank on the site, some elaborate
scheme involving the entire cast and crew of King Kong, we don't know
anything about that...PJ wouldn't be fooling with us...would he?

Pierre Vinet Kong Images!
Kong Spy Nessa managed to finagle these images from the latest Production
Diary featuring Kong photographer Pierre Vinet. Take a look at these
beauties!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112985212

Production Diary: Day 127
PD 127 showcases fellow Montrealer Pierre Vinet! Pierre is the official
photographer on King Kong. Pierre's photos from the production of King Kong
have been nothing but fantastic, much like his previous work on almost all
of PJ's films. Pierre has the unique ability to capture a moment and a mood
with the press of a button. See how Pierre works quietly on set, snapping
off shots of the production, and see him goof around with Naomi Watts! There
are a TON of great never-before-seen images in this PD, great stuff!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112978041

Production Diary: Day 125
PD 125 gives us more insight into the costuming process, Eliza Godman and
Costume Designer Terry Ryan narrate this diary and help us answer some very
interesting questions. Ever wonder how many versions of a costume the main
stars have? Ever wonder how these costumes are designed and made? Ever
wonder if they use fake or real mud to create that 'I just escaped Kong's
wrath from Skull Island' look? If so this PD is for you!!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112720231

New York Set Demolished
Gandalf writes: After seeing demolition of the New York set beginning in
PD120, I thought you might like a quick update on progress there. As you'll
see in these photos, the camera towers and lighting structures have been
removed as have the large green screens supported by stacks of shipping
containers at either end of the set. Some buildings are already gone, while
most of the remaining ones have lost their facades and window dressings with
others being gutted for the walls to be dismantled. The tram tracks also
appear to have gone and trucks and diggers were busy when I visited today (5
April).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112712129

Kong Files: The Wrong Kong Part III
John Michlig writes: A visit to my hometown this past weekend gave me an
opportunity to go back to the public library that I used to haunt as a
youngster. The building is now entirely new, but all of the materials from
the old building have been faithfully preserved, including a fairly
voluminous clip file of news articles related to Wisconsin.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112632671

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

Coming Soon:

April 12th: 'Music from the Movies'
http://newyorkphilharmonic.org/attend/season/index.cfm?page=eventDetail&even
tNum=573&seasonNum=4
April 14th: Adrien Brody's Birthday

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer