[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net (02/04/05)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Apr 2 11:13:51 EST 2005

KONG #24 - 2005: "There is a girl out there who might be running for her
life from some gigantic turned-on ape."

April 2nd, 2005

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Production Diary: Day 123
For the past year, kongisking.net has been the source for the very first
news and footage from set with Peter Jackson's Production Diaries. Now, for
the first time anywhere, Peter has a special exclusive announcement about
the future of 'King Kong' one week before the official press release! You've
heard it here first from Peter himself, the cast and crew, and Universal
Pictures Co-President of Marketing Eddie Egan!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112366238

Peter Jackson's $3 Million Dollar 'Venture' ship sinks off the coast of
Wellington; rust blamed
The ship used in Peter Jackson's "King Kong" remake sank offshore near
Wellington early this morning. Publicist Melissa Booth commented that the
age of the ship and recent remodeling for filming contributed to its
sinking. "It was a very old ship when we purchased it," she said, adding,
"We managed to get the entire crew onto the life rafts before she started to
seriously take on water.” She stated that no one was injured in the
incident.
http://www.kongisking.net/fool/0,2106,3233426a1860,00.html

Production Diary: Day 120
Peter Jackson updates us on the state of affairs in the last few days of
photography on King Kong. He shows us some great blue screen footage and
some great shots of the wrap party! Sets are being built, even this late
into production, and sadly...some are being destroyed. And...am I wrong or
did Dan Hennah and Peter Jackson mention something about...another Kong
film?
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112230860

Production Diary Goof! UPDATE
Anthony Cox writes: My friend and I have gone into King Kong over drive! So
much that we did a tribute to Peter and the gang by making our own
Production Diary.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112203745

The Spirit of Kong: Legacies and Horizons
Atomicmutant writes: As we all look forward to the release of Kong 2005,
these boards are full of speculation and discussion about how the new Kong
will honor the original. Will Kong look like 1933? Should he? Will this
scene, or that be replicated? Will there be a spider scene? These
discussions caused me to think about Kong in a larger context and to begin
to examine the legacy that brought us all here in the first place (and as
you'll see, yes, I'm also talking about LOTR and Peter Jackson fans). So
here are some musings about the legacy of Kong that hopefully in some ways
illuminate my thoughts beyond a simple paean to dinosaurs, jungles, and
giant apes.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1112122950

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 300 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster at kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon at kongisking.net).

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer