[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (25/09/04)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:15:02 -0400

KONG #3

September 25th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Production Diary: Day 14
To say that Peter Jackson's production diary for day 14 excretes information
about the behind-the-scenes work on Kong would be an understatement. The
tireless efforts of his crew to discharge quality work is in every single
second of these production bits. They waste nothing with every valuable
moment, and it shows in this segment!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1096075833

Cool Convention in LA This October
Sal writes: I just received this email notice for the October science
fiction and comic book convention that takes place once a month here in Los
Angeles. Stop motion animator Ray Harryhausen will sign his new book AN
ANIMATED LIFE! You might want to share this with the rest of the Kong is
King "fellowship", especially those here in L.A.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1095960854

More Cast Bios Added
Inspired by the latest 'Production Diary: Day 12,' and the extremely
talented voice of NZ Actor Ray Woolf, we've updated our Cast Bios section
with Colin Hanks, Evan Parke and Ray Woolf. Check it out!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1095822201

Production Diary: Day 12
The high seas are nothing to be laughed at, unless of course you're safe on
dry land and only pretending to be in mortal danger. Day 12 of PJ's
Production Diary shows us a wet day for the crew of the SS Venture. A fake
storm throws the crew around a-la 'Star Trek'. We also get our first looks
at Colin Hanks, Evan Parke, and Ray Woolf whom we are only now learning that
he plays the 'helmsman'. On a personal note, I will never be borrowing
Adrien Brody's wetsuit....ever!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1095816028

Curtis Up for Kong?
Hamo455 writes: Not sure if this is any kind of scoop, but I live in
Wellington and I just saw kiwi actor Cliff Curtis (star of Whale Rider,
Collateral Damage etc) walking down Courtenay Place. This doesn't mean
anything of itself, except he doesn't live in Wellington and does a lot of
work overseas now. I can think of only one project he could be attached to
if he's here, and being a Maori he could well be a Skull Island local.
That's all speculation on my part, but it seems possible and has a certain
logic to it.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1095806374

Production Diary: Day 10
It is a sure bet that Cooper & Schoedsack had many challenges to overcome
when they made the original King Kong in 1933. But trying to avoid jumbo jet
airliners while shooting was not one of them! As many of you know Peter
Jacksons studio is located within walking distance of Wellington Airport,
and being that close to those loud planes calls for some special jobs to be
created! Be sure to check out our first look at young actor Jamie Bell, who
plays Jimmy.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1095620995

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

September 28th: Naomi Watts Birthday
October 1st: Jack Black's 'Shark Tale' released today

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

EVENTS - (Coming Soon): A section that will keep you up to date on all
things Kong!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/events/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     TheOneRing.net / KongIsKing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718