[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (11/09/04)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:16:57 -0400

KONG #1

September 11th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Kong's History Section Revealed!
King Kong is back. As we all know, writer/director Peter Jackson will direct
a new, large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released. Many of the films that never left their native countries,
such as the Indian and Japanese films, are not listed.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094835781

Playmates Toys Awarded Master Toy License for "King Kong"
Playmates Holdings Limited announced today that its US based subsidiary,
Playmates Toys has been appointed as the master toy licensee under the terms
of a worldwide licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products
Group for Universal Pictures' December 2005 release, King Kong, from
three-time Academy Award winner Peter Jackson (The Lord of the Rings
trilogy). Playmates Toys will create a line of action figures and
accessories.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094826096

Mac OS X King Kong Icons!
Running Mac OS X? Looking for some King Kong icons to spice up your desktop?
Check out this set created by our very own Calisuri.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094701580

Going Ape Over New "Kong"
King Kong is bulletproof. As filming began Monday in New Zealand on Peter
Jackson's King Kong remake, the teeth-gnashing among the usually
detail-fretting genre faithful was at a minimum. One big reason: The big ape
himself, maintaining a firm, if furry grip on audiences since 1933.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094687080

Production Diary: Day 1
Peter Jackson welcomes you to KongisKing.net! Take a look at the video from
PJ down in New Zealand. He stands aside the 'Venture', the ship that will
bring Kong to the new world. In front of a massive blue screen and waiting
for sunset, PJ gives us an EXCLUSIVE first look at King Kong!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094586083

King Kong: Principal Photography Begins!
Monday September 6th marked the first day of principal photography on the
set of Peter Jackson's King Kong. The BBC and CNN made mention of it though
unfortunately no word from the set, just a collection of quotes and stories
from last weeks press conference.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094565602

RSS Feed Available
A RSS feed has been created for KongIsKing.net, and is available here.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094565542

Peter Jackson Says He Won't Ape Original King Kong
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson will relive a
childhood dream when he starts filming a remake of the 1933 classic "King
Kong" in his Wellington hometown next week. Speaking to reporters Thursday
at his studio in the New Zealand capital, the "Lord of The Rings" director
said his first attempt to film "King Kong" was as a youngster. It involved a
Super 8 camera and a cardboard model of the Empire State Building.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1094202487

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon

September 17th: Kyle Chandler's Birthday

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

MESSAGE BOARDS - (Coming Soon): A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or
filmmaking in general.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/boards/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

EVENTS - (Coming Soon): A section that will keep you up to date on all
things Kong!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/events/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     TheOneRing.net / KongIsKing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718