[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (30/10/2004)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:48:16 -0400

KONG #7 - 2 Newsletters in one day? Yes indeedy....

October 30th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

KIKN Presents: KONG FILES
KongisKing.net would like to give a big welcome to our new staff writer,
John Michlig! John's new column, THE KONG FILES, will explore Kong legend
and lore compiled from over a decade of research on all things related to
the Eighth Wonder of the World.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098994497

Production Diary: Day 36
War has been declared on KongisKing.net!! Peter Jackson and his King Kong
crew have been checking up on us and are VERY interested in speaking to our
Kong spy Gandalf. They deem his magical intrusion as a complete stab in the
back after all the work PJ did for him on Lord of the Rings. Watch Carter
Nixon attempt to catch our spy, and fail!!! Peter and Jack Black completely
ham up the screen with their counter-terrorism maneuvers on the set. These
guys seriously know how to have fun! Oh, and there is a little bit of
footage about some Kong movie they are making, Adrien Brody and Andy Serkis
with machine guns, the Venture crew running around...not too sure what that
is about.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098972009

'33 Kong Producer Selznick Finally Gets His Star
(AP) Even though he produced "Gone with the Wind" and other movie classics,
David O. Selznick never had his own star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. That
oversight was corrected Tuesday when the Producers Guild sponsored the late
producer's star on Hollywood Boulevard, a half-block from Grauman's Chinese
theater where many of his films played.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098895790

Gameloft captures King Kong
October 26, 2004 - Mobile gaming publisher Gameloft announced today that a
cellphone game based on Peter Jackson's King Kong will be available day and
date with the film: December 14, 2005. The game, which take players across a
variety of landscapes (the jungles of Skull Island to 1930s New York City)
marks the first game based on a film franchise for Gameloft. The company
will also develop other branded cellphone content based on the property.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098821614

More Kong Filming & The SS Venture
Gandalf writes: Filming began again today with the cameras focused on the
moss covered rocky bank, that Jack Black and members of the expedition were
climbing over. I've also included a few updated pics of the "SS Venture"
moored in Evens Bay. Since the last photos from 16 September (by Kong Spy
Janie), the vessel now has a smoke stack and extra structure forward of the
wheel house.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098800107

Are You Ready for Big BIG Kong?
AICN's Quint has posted a letter from an 'insider' at IMAX, apparently plans
are underway to show the film on the big BIG screen. KongisKing.net has yet
to verify the truth to this rumor. But it certainly sounds interesting!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098714377

Movie spies right out of a Hollywood script
It has the makings of a rollicking script for a Revenge of the Nerds sequel:
geeks give themselves cool codenames, create a website for movie spy
reports, develop the power to make or break big-budget projects, and then
launch careers as scriptwriters.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098476227

Skull Island Shooting: Days 2 & 3
Gandalf writes: After brief rain on Wednesday for the start of shooting, the
cast & crew have been blessed with fine weather yesterday and today (Fri
22). Since my photos two days ago, the crew have erected large screens
around the portion of the set with the skeleton statue to continue filming
away from public view (as you'll see in the first photo).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098460446

Production Diary: Day 33
The cast and crew finally make it to the Skull Island outdoor set we've been
photographing for a few weeks. After 32 days indoors they are happy to be
outside in the lovely early summer conditions...until it starts to rain of
course. Shooting outdoors always carries with it the threat of mother
nature, but this crew is undaunted and carry on! Watch Adrien Brody scoot
across the set in an action shot, a very up-close view of that skeleton
statue we've seen, and Jack Black hugs a man under an umbrella!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1098367027

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

October 31st: Peter Jackson's Birthday

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     TheOneRing.net / KongIsKing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718