[Kik_announce] KongisKing.net Newsletter (9/10/2004)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:48:23 -0400

KONG #5 - Big Monkey + New York = Bad News....

October 9th, 2004

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Kong Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

More Skull Island Set Pics
Kong Spy Gandalf writes: A day of wet weather yesterday but construction
must go on, especially if the set is to be finished in two weeks or so as
noted in day 20's production diary. The large blue screen looks mostly up
and an appendage is taking shape out the front. The rock wall is progressing
as you'll see, and I've also included a shot from the southern end of the
set looking along the hillside where a very long blue screen is taking
shape. In this last photo, you can also see part of the large marquee tucked
against the hill behind all the construction and near the entrance to the
site. These photos were snapped this morning, Friday 8 October (NZ Time).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097180377

Kong Set Images!! Skull Island Progresses!
Gandalf writes: The site I've photographed is new in the last 3 weeks and is
located on Queens Drive in Lyall Bay across from Wellington airport on the
south coast. I literally live on the street next door, and less than 300m
from the construction site. (I also look across the bay to the airport where
I can still see the massive Gollum on the roof of the airport terminal
reaching for a ring, but that's another story!).
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097100134

Production Diary: Day 22
PJ's Production Diary continues with a fantastic interview with Lumpy The
Cook (Andy Serkis), as he gives an exclusive tour of the Venture's, uh,
facilities...
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1097062881

Kong Production Updates
>From DarkHorizons: Filming will continue in Wellington until the end of the
year, before moving to Thailand for the Samutran jungle scenes. Some
post-production work will be undertaken in Los Angeles. PJ is pretending the
1976 (with Jessica Lange) film never existed.
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1096915056

Production Diary: Day 20
As work on the fake SS Venture set wraps up, PJ & Dan Hennah give us a
tantalizing glimpse at the Skull Island set and the new KONG Studio!
Pressure mounts as the set builders run out of time to finish work on the
gigantic wall and gate (yes, there will be a gate!) needed for some 'intense
action scenes'. PJ also shows us the 'real' SS Venture, an old ship they
purchased and re-designed to match the studio boat. Be sure to check out the
foam trees being made for the Skull Island set, we reach the island in just
over two weeks!
http://www.kongisking.net/perl/newsview/15/1096858735

View from the Empire State Building (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

October 10th: Thomas Kretschmann's 'Frankenstein' on TV
October 14th: John Sumner Birthday

ADVERTISE ON KONGISKING.NET

KongisKing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of KongisKing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of fans online, visit our advertising page. No campaign is
too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Searching Skull Island (Breakdown of our various sections)

SCRAPBOOK - (Coming Soon): Currently we are linking to the King Kong section
of TheOneRing.net's scrapbook. It has over 30 images from the sets, the
actors and the press conference held just before start of production in
September of 2004.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/scrapbook/

KONG 2005 - This section is specifically dedicated to Peter Jackson's
remake. Take a look at cast bios and video production diaries!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/

MESSAGE BOARDS - A great place to chat about Kong, PJ, or filmmaking in
general.
GOTO: http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gforum.cgi

LIVE CHAT - A java chatroom where you can login, meet Kong fans from around
the world, and get chatting!
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/chat/

KONG HISTORY: King Kong is back. In 2005, writer/director Peter Jackson, the
man responsible for "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, will direct a new,
large-scale remake featuring a monstrous computer generated ape to be
created by Jackson's special effects company, WETA Digital. However, Kong's
origins lay long ago, towards the beginning of the last century in fact.
What follows is a history of the great ape's adventures, on both the large
and small screen. This history's films and TV series are the one's that were
widely released.
GOTO: http://www.kongisking.net/history/

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
spymaster@kongisking.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Xoanon = xoanon@kongisking.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     TheOneRing.net / KongIsKing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718