[Barlibash] [Barliman] barlibash details at last!

jincey jincey at theonering.net
Sat May 3 21:20:56 EDT 2008

(Jincey's stuff in blue and red, sam's in black below)

Welcome to the list tas, airaloske, deadhorse, and serafina : )  I just
added y'all to the mailing list so am forwarding this with just a couple
additional thoughts for tonight:

Chattanooga and its locale is really a unique area. There are mountains,
rivers, caves, civil war battlefield parks, a vibrant downtown area (just to
name a few things) there or so close it is no problem to get there. (For
instance, the Ocoee River, home of the '96 Olympic whitewater venue, is just
east of Chattanooga. Now I'm not saying we're all going to jump off
mountains or hotdog down Class IV Humungous, but the point is: there is *so*
much to see and do!

Right now, we're pretty much thinking Lookout Mtn & downtown Chattanooga
Thursday, and Riverbend for Thursday night to see ZZTopp. Friday would be
adventure day - bring camera, hiking boots, daypack. We'd have to all decide
where we'd most like to go. Saturday we can maybe venture out in another
direction or head back up the mountain. This would be decided by the group
of attendees. Some folks may actually be leaving Saturday, some Sunday. -
it's all very flexible, like all BarliBashes are : ) We are hoping that more
than a couple actually have use of cars for group transportation. Please, if
you are driving, let us know!

A note on travel arrangements:  If you are thinking about flying in, look
for fares to the following airports: Chattanooga, TN (not a large airport at
all and you'll find few nonstops), Nashville, TN (about 2 hrs north),
Atlanta, GA (2 hrs south), and Birmingham, AL (about 3 hrs southwest of
Chattanooga) Now you may fret about this BUT consider: lodging is very
inexpensive, and you might possibly rent a car to travel between point A and
Chattanooga for the duration of your visit. Folks arriving at or near the
same time might go in together on cost? Just a thought, but flying to a
major hub and renting a car and a week's worth of lodging would be a doable
thing for many. For others the convenience of flying right into town might
work out best.

One more thing while I am typing all this: I must point out to the new
folks, and reiterate for returning Bashees that TORN and TORN's staff are in
no way responsible for any accidents, liabilities, sins, traffic tickets,
injuries, splinters, bail, hangovers, etc.   ; )   All attendees must be 18
yrs or older, or have a parent or legal guardian accompany them at all
times. Each attendee will be responsible for their own actions and expenses
at all times.

Sam and I will work on another email listing Stuff to See & Do tomorrow.
See below for Sam's original mail!
Kindly forgive sam for sending his email to the wrong email list ; )  He
gets up before dawn and didn't even realize he sent it to the wrong list ; )
He says feel free to give him heck for that when we all get together!

Hugs,
jincey
  _____