News for Nov. 02, 2005
Xo - I am fairly tight with a movie critic who viewed the King Kong trailer this week when he viewed "Jarhead" for screening purposes. He called the trailer "easily the best part of 'Jarhead' ".
Anyway, I pried as many details out of his as possible. Here are what I could glean:
- The trailer is more or less chronicological to the movie's story. It showed a surprising amount of stuff.
- The crowd, consisting of critics, was pretty stunned by the 'cool' of the film.
- More SKIIPS (SKull Island Indigenous PeopleS), some with scraggly, creepy teeth. All SKIIPS described generally as very creepy, perhaps mentally unballanced.
- Kong boldly charging a V-Rex, aparently new shot.
- A banner revealed promoting the appearance of Kong that says, "8th Wonder of the World" given a 'very cool' by critics.
- Two chest beating sequences by the mighty Kong.
- The highlight of course, is Kong perched atop the Empire State Building. He takes a mightly leap into the air and swats a bi-plane with impressive power and then will astounding agility lands back atop the building. The shot then pulls out to a wideview with the big guy standing on the building and beating his chest to display his dominance. The money shot, by far, of the trailer.